Terms & Conditions for our monthly Live Rent Free competition.
Can I participate?
• The Competition is valid only for residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland of 18 years of age and above.
• The Competition is open to (a) rent-paying house or flat tenants and (b) house or flat sharers.
(a) Rent-paying house or flat tenants include:
• A tenant living alone in a studio or one or more bed flat
• A couple or family renting on their own
(b) A house or flat share is classed as shared accommodation where at least 2 of the residents are unrelated (and not in a relationship). This includes, but is not limited to:
• Any one of a group of friends renting a flat or house together
• A lodger renting a room in a family home
• A tenant renting a room in shared property
The following would NOT be eligible – including, but not limited to:
• A home owner who is letting a room, flat or house out (though the lodger / tenant would be eligible)
• The Competition is not open to employees of Urban Proptech Ltd (the Promoter), and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners and their families.
• The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants and disqualify any participant who in Promoter’s reasonable opinion is ineligible and in the case of winners, award their prize to another participant.
How can I enter?
• No purchase is necessary to take part in the Competition but Internet access and a valid email account.
• In order to be eligible to participate in the Competition and to win the Prize, you are required to complete and submit the entry form for the Competition before the Closing Date.
Only by following these instructions are participants included in the Competition.
• Only one entry/email per person is allowed (based on name, same address, email, IP address). Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void. Participants can only be given more entries via sharing the competition with friends, downloading the Promoter’s app and other activities as informed by the Promoter throughout the duration of the competition.
The closing date for the Promotion will be specified in the competition post or communication. Entries made after this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be registered.
Lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete or multiple entries will not be entered into the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries, or emails/communications that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
What’s the prize & how can I increase my chances?
• One Winner stands the chance to win the Prize:
(1) One month’s worth of rent, amounting to a maximum of £600
(2) One voucher for a free “Find & Finalise” pack (standard retail value of £699). See here for more details. theurbancollective.io
• The Winner will be selected from all the valid entries for this Competition, received before the Closing Date (1/11/17) amongst those that have shown the highest number of Shares, through a random draw. For every share and friend (referred person) that subsequently enters the Competition, participants will receive an additional entry. Each referred person must be a unique individual (not the same person with a different email address for instance). We reserve the right to investigate friend referrals for fraud. All users that download our app and sign up with the same email address will automatically have their number of entries multiplied by 10 to significantly increase their chances of winning.
Shares counted as valid include:
• Unique link sent by email after competition registration
• Referrals made through the referral button sent by email
• Shares on any social media platform or blog
The higher the number of Shares, the higher the chances to win.
• The Winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. The Winner will have a further 7 days to confirm acceptance of the prize. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time.
• If the Winner fails, or is unable for any reason, to accept the prize or cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid entries that were received before the Closing Date and showed the highest number of Shares.
• Proof of residence and tenancy status will be required to collect the Prize.
• The Prize money for the monthly rent (1) amount is calculated using our Rental Index for your postcode and will be capped at £600 (six hundred pounds), meaning you may win more or less than your actual monthly rent. It may not be transferred to another person other than the Winner.
• The Prize money is payable by bank transfer to the Winner’s UK account.
• The Prize voucher for one “Find & Finalise” pack (2) cannot be exchanged for cash at any point. It is valid for a period of 3 months from the closing date of the competition, and may be transferred to another person upon request from the Winner, if the said person meets the terms and conditions set by the Promoter.
• Failure to accept the Prize by the Winner when required to do so shall constitute a rejection by such Winner(s) and the Company reserves its rights towards the prize to another winner. The Company reserves the right to substitute the Prize offered at any point of time.
• General terms and conditions for Competitions apply*
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITION
• These terms and conditions apply to all Competitions (unless and to the extent that) the Competition states otherwise.
• The Winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
• Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
• An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this Promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
• By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, amend or withdraw the Competitions on reasonable notice. Any amendments will be published on the relevant platforms from where the Competition is run.
• The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition.
• The winner may be required, and therefore consent, to taking part in some publicity for the Promoter as required. At the very least a name and photo will be required for promotion on the Promoter’s digital platforms (including website, app, social media pages) / Competition emails.
• Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist the Promoter to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
• Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from the Promoter. These emails may include: details of the next competition; winners of previous competitions; ways to earn additional entries in order to increase your chances, news and offers that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send, however, unsubscribing cancels any competition entries you currently have.
• The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
• Competition rules published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Website form part of these rules.
• The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.